The BWISE Fellowship aims to provide post-baccalaureate, grad and post-doctoral women in engineering, science, technology, mathematics and medicine with mentorship and personal development. By empowering women at the beginning stages of their STEM education and careers, they will be better prepared to pursue advanced degrees in STEM, and become leaders in industry, medicine, and academia.
Fellows will also advance the mission of BWISE and connect with partners and professionals who align with their field of interest. They will survey existing efforts to improve the pipeline of and support for Black women in their field of focus, help build and maintain BWISE corporate partners, sponsorships, and chapters, and assist with regular BWISE programming. Furthermore, each fellow will be matched with mentors in their prospective fields and industries to hone their professional and career goals and strengthen their academic and workforce capacities.
BWISE is excited to expand this opportunity to more women, but we need your help. Your organization can play a synergistic role in the BWISE Fellowship to support budding Black women scientists and engineers, and we look forward to receiving your support.
Videos and Other Media
• White House Science Fair NPR Interview:
• UNCF-STEM Scholarship “What Can You Do With STEM” Video:
• BET Black Girls Rock! Making a Difference (M.A.D.) Girl Coca-Cola TV Commercial:
• Harvard 2020 15 Most Interesting Seniors Recognition (from 1:28-1:48)
• Acceptance Into All Eight Ivy League Schools (featuring my parents):
Learn more about Augusta here:
•Translational Research for Untapped Science Talent (TRUST)Fellowship: https://bwhclinicalandresearchnews.org/2021/06/11/the-youngest-scientists-at-the-bench/
• Harvard 2020 15 Most Interesting Seniors:
• Forbes 30 Under 30 List Maker:
• Science Talent Search Finalist:
• Acceptance Into All Eight Ivy League Institutions:
• Wired Magazine “Generation Excellent” Recognition: